Step 5 for Profitable Technology Operations
So, your technology-based processes are as integrated, streamlined and efficient as possible.
Just as devices have proliferated within an office, so has the software. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of tools and systems we can choose from when deciding how you’ll run your business. Realistically, you’ll use a dozen or more different ones to handle different tasks such as accounting, quoting, ticketing, messaging, desktop management, network operations, and more.
If those apps and systems are siloed, with no integration between them, you’ve got an efficiency problem on your hands.
It’s much smarter to choose products that have hooks into complementary products. Integration helps you avoid task duplication, and ensures workflows are as quick and smooth as possible. Bottom line, it’s all about your bottom line. Process and workflow efficiencies help boost profitability; siloed systems eat away at profitability.
Here are some ways we take advantage of platform integration:
- Sync your support system with your real-time monitoring tools.
- Sync your messaging with your real-time alert system.
- Sync inventory and configuration details between your business platform and your support system.
- Sync your access control tools so you don’t have to store credentials in more than one place.
- Sync your reports on performance with metrics from the rest of your business
- Adopt cloud-based tools that are platform-agnostic and work from whichever system a staff member chooses to run.
- Sync your data backups with System Backups and document a Disaster Recovery Plan.